Do You Suffer From
The concept of tornado phobia is not anything contemporary. History relates that at the onset of civilization, life of the people was centered around superstitious religious beliefs. People were in fact afraid of everything, sun, rain, thunder, lightening and storm.
Natural calamities or effects due to seasonal changes were considered as God’s grace or God’s rage on the commoners.
Thus, an approaching storm for them was definitely a sign of danger and divine wrath. Time has changed and with the advancement of science, people have come closer to truth, but for some, tornado phobia still exists.
Either the storm itself or may be the destructive phenomenon associated with it cause needless people countless distress.
What is so destructive about tornado phobia?
The destructive effects of a tornado can be both direct and indirect. At the time when the wind blows madly, it sweeps away everything on its way.
Thus, it is customary for a section of the population to suffer from tornado fear because they are afraid that a tremendous gust of wind can extinguish the flame of their life. The after effects of a tornado are equally devastating.
At times, tornadoes damage power lines, electrical systems or gas lines. As a result, there are high chances of fire damage, explosion or electrocution. Thus, there are quite good reasons for people to suffer from tornado phobia.
How to safeguard your child from tornado phobia
Infants are more likely to suffer from this type of phobia. They are often under the impression that a recurring storm may injure them or leave them alone. Often to keep children under control, parents warn the little ones that tornadoes may occur to punish them for being notorious.
Now, this is not at all a rightful thing to do because once you attach certain negative feelings to a particular situation you may not be able to get rid of them even when you grow up.
Therefore, it is important for you to convince your child that storm or tornado is a casual natural occurrence, which when avoided can cause no actual harm.
Some ways to convince your child are:
- You must speak to your child in order to eliminate his tendency of tornado fear
- Ask your child to read books about storms and tornadoes
- However, it is healthy if your child shows signs of fear when a tornado occurs because if he suffers from tornado phobia from within there are high chances that he might be internally affected
- However, if situation goes out of control, it is better that the affected member of your family may seek the help of school counselor, community religious organization, family physician or licensed expert
Symptoms of tornado phobia
Tornado phobia is also termed as Lilapsophobia and Fear of Hurricanes. Such a phobic condition can deteriorate your condition of existence. It has every possible chance of causing panic attacks.
Some of the common symptoms of Lilapsophobia are:
- Rapid breathing
- Shortness of breath
- Irregular heartbeat
- An overall feeling of dread
NLP treatment of tornado phobia
Neuro linguistic programming, yes that’s the therapy, which can definitely help you combat a genuine phobic condition. Once you seek assistance from NLP, your pattern of thinking will completely change and you would feel more confident and relaxed in life.
will surely help you in a number of ways.
- NLP helps you in identifying the condition of tornado phobia and also helps you to deal with the condition for complete psychological remodeling, changing or alteration
- NLP encourages you for physiological relaxation in order to minimize conditions of unnecessary anxiety and tension
- NLP makes you confident from within so that it becomes easier for you to handle your condition of tornado fear
- NLP helps in eliminating a sense of insecurity and helps you in developing trust towards everything positive in life
- NLP transforms your metal construct and make you feel less vulnerable to fearful situations in life
Tornado phobia when goes out control can negatively affect your quality of existence. Therefore, be optimistic and try to combat the situation with the help of successful
NLP norms and principles.
Posted by Jan Heering
Master Coach, psychological trainer and author
Founder and President of the Morpheus Institute and
Phobia News Feed
Signing up for the RSS feed can also keep you abreast with the best of phobia treatments. www.phobia-fear-release.com/phobia.xml (Copy this code into your RSS reader)
Entire contents copyright © Morpheus Institute.
All rights reserved