How To Get Rid Of Fear of Friday the 13th
Fear of Friday the 13th is an obvious ominous condition especially among the English speaking population.
In other traditions, too such superstitions are similarly followed. Friday the 13th fear has very special names like paraskavedekatriaphobia, paraskevidekatriaphobia or friggatriskaidekaphobia.
Stories regarding fear of Friday the 13th
What happens due to fear of Friday the 13th
- Friday the 13th is considered unlucky because 13 people were known to be present in The Last Supper of Jesus, who was crucified on the day of Good Friday.
- Another belief says that there is a Norse Myth, which says about twelve Gods dining together in Valhalla. At this point, the ill-prankished Loki just rumbled inside the party as the uninvited 13th guest.
Loki arranged to welcome Hod, the blind God of darkness who was made to throw a branch of mistletoe at Balder – the God of gladness and joyousness.
As a result, Balder was killed on the spot and in consequence, the Earth was forced into long lasting bereavement and darkness.
- On Friday the 13th, in October 1307, Philip IV of France took under custody hundreds of French Knights Templar for the collection of wealth for the French treasury.
- The firstborns of Egypt died on Friday the 13th according to the Jewish calendar.
In many cases, accidents occur on Friday the 13th not because the day is considered unlucky but because many tend to stay nervous and stressed on this particular day giving way to accidents.
Sometimes business is at stake on this particular day because many people do not even dare to move out of the house on Friday the 13th.
Symptoms of Friday the 13th Fear
- You suffer from shortness of breath
- You tend to breathe rapidly
- You have irregular heartbeats
- You tend to sweat a lot
- You suffer from nausea and an overall feeling of dread
However, at times symptoms may vary from one individual to the other.
Treating fear of Friday the 13th with medicines
Doctors recommend an array of potent drugs for this particular kind of fear though they at times come with severe withdrawal symptoms and harmful side effects.
Moreover, drugs can in no way cure Friday the 13th phobia. They can only suppress the condition temporarily with the help of several chemical interactions.
Other treatment options for Friday the 13th phobia
The phobia can also be treated with several treatment options like hypnotherapy, CBT and others, but all these methods are extremely time consuming and their success in treating the phobia entirely lies with the efficacy of the therapist.
Self help techniques in treating fear of Friday the 13th
Self-help Neuro Linguistic Program is a sort of make believe process. It helps you to change your mental construct and enables you to live for the better.
Self help NLP techniques work to eliminate all negative thoughts and fears about Friday the 13th and help you to think rationally.
Thus, after your mental set up has been completely transformed, you will definitely come to believe that Friday the 13th is not the death day for you and that the concept of fear of Friday the 13th is absolutely irrational.
Tired of Tiptoeing Around Your Fears?
15 Minutes From Now, You Could Be Phobia-Free. Yes, Cured!
Whatever your phobia, regardless of how long you have suffered from it, despite the dreadful life limitations you have endured because of your fear, your phobia can be cured.
Click for NLP Phobia Treatment
Posted by Jan Heering
Phobia Treatment Expert and author
Founder and President of the Morpheus Institute and
Phobia News Feed
Signing up for the RSS feed can also keep you abreast with the best of phobia treatments. www.phobia-fear-release.com/phobia.xml (Copy this code into your RSS reader)
Entire contents copyright © Morpheus Institute.
All rights reserved