Before going into details about claustrophobia medications, we should first take into account the term claustrophobia and see what it really means. Claustrophobia is a kind of fear which one usually experiences with regard to clogged spaces.
The claustrophobic victim is aware of the fact that the fear is unreasonable and baseless but cannot really get rid of the situation. Constrained objects or situations immediately make the person behave anxiously which can even go to the extent of panic attack.
A significant area of claustrophobia medications comprises the individual’s attempt to avoid these unnecessary phobic conditions. Self-assurance is a wonderful way of getting rid of unnecessary fear and anxiety.
For appropriate claustrophobia medications, it is very important to detect the symptoms of claustrophobia.
These symptoms include:
- Accelerated heart rate
- Hyperventilation or ‘over breathing’
- Fear of actual harm or illness
The proper forms of claustrophobia medications will always restrict the victims avoid places like elevators, tunnels, subway trains, small rooms, medical diagnostic imaging techniques, underground parkings and several other restricted areas. In fact, the main concern of the victim is not the place but the unfavorable incidents, which might occur eventually.
A claustrophobic victim usually suffers from the three basic fears of getting restricted, being entrapped and being suffocated. The patient may feel confused and may as well form a kind of idea of his being suffocated due to lack of ventilation resulting in scarcity of air.
Effective claustrophobia medications have not yet evolved. Only the clinical use of MR imaging has increased even more in treating claustrophobic patients. MR imaging procedure involves intranasally administered midazolam spray in the prevention of claustrophobic responses.
However, the MR imaging process is quite a lengthy one involving long duration of scanning, accompanied by additional sequences, sedation or general anesthesia.
The prescribed drugs as proper claustrophobia medications include Benzodiazepines, Xanax and even Valium in certain cases.
However, some precautionary measures before going for a sedation treatment include:
- If sedation is necessary for you for the MRI, your physician should be informed just at the time of the appointment.
- Arrive to the radiologist at least one our before the time of the appointment.
- You must have a driver to drive you home or else the radiologist will not be ready to give you your prescribed sedation.
- Consumption of solid food is prohibited at least for three hours before arriving the hospital.
- Intake of clear liquid is permissible before two hours of your arrival.
- Asthma medicines and smoking is strictly prohibited prior the treatment.
However, with the right sort of claustrophobia medications and treatments it is extremely easy for an individual to show an exemplary improvement in his behavior by way of getting rid of unnecessary panic or phobia.
Another treatment methods that are successful in treating claustrophobia are
Entire contents copyright © Morpheus Institute.
All rights reserved